Saturday, August 23, 2014

In My Mailbox #53: Super Fun Books!

Okay, I know… It’s been ages since my last IMM. I’ve been so out of sync with my blog (nobody’s fault but mine) that I’ve neglected it for so many months now. Sorry Bookable Reads! =( I’ll make it up to you, I hope. (Fingers crossed!) It’s just that I was really swamped with work and my personal life and everything else (don’t have any idea what everything else is, hahaha). But of course that’s not an excuse, but I think they are. Can’t decide. =D

Even though I’m not that uber active when it comes to posting everyday these past few months, I still read a lot, it’s in my blood and it will never go away. I also buy books every now and then if my budget allows it. For the past few weeks I’ve managed to accumulate these books and all of them are in super-excellent condition (considering these are pre-owned books and some of them are on sale). Anyways, let me break them down for you guys:

Secrets to the Grave by Tami Hoag (Bought this at Book Sale Megamall, a great find since I’ve been looking for this title, like, everywhere!)

Stay Close by Harlan Coben (Got this at National Bookstore SM Megamall, it was just lying around inside the sale bin, when I saw that it was a Harlan Coben novel, no questions asked, it’s a keeper.)

Beyond Reach by Karin Slaughter (Hahahaha. Where did I get this book anyhow? Can’t remember. Worst memory ever. Sue me. J)

Last to Die by Tess Gerritsen (This is the GEM among all the others, (isn’t it obvious? I even underlined the word gem for emphasis hahaha) got this at Book Sale Shopwise in Cubao, there was no other copy of this, believe me, I did an extensive search. Apparently, I want another copy to compare it with the one that I have in my hands. I know, I’m that kind of buyer, I need to compare at least three options before I purchase the goods. (I think I got this proclivity from my boss. Shhh…) LOL.

The Choice by Nicholas Sparks (I was surfing the net and was randomly looking for books online ( I do this every payday ) when I saw this book, I wasn’t planning on getting this but the price was really affordable, can’t let that just pass me by.)
 
Summer on Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber (Having read four or five books in the series, it’s only fair to buy this one; I reckon that this is book 6 in the series.)

Hide by Lisa Gardner (Got this at National Bookstore Cubao, they have a bunch of books on sale.)

The Geometry of Sisters by Luanne Rice (Got this at National Bookstore Cubao, same as Hide by Lisa Gardner.)

The Columbus Affair by Steve Berry, Creep and Freak by Jennifer Hillier (Got this at National Alimall at almost 75% off!!!! Amazing deal!!!)

There you have it folks! That’s all I’ve got! Plenty huh? Anyways, let me know what you think about these awesome titles and also how awesome I am! What about you? What do you have on your own mailbox? I’d love to hear from you! =D


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!