Friday, October 19, 2012

Mini Reviews: Sail, The Passage and The Bourne Legacy



Sail by James Patterson
James has done it again! Well, it’s not fair; his co-writer played an important part on the writing process of this awesome book so I guess I should applaud Howard too! Okay, on to my review. Sail was a blast! The pages flew by while I was reading this book. It’s that good. The story is a bit typical, a family got lost at sea and they were stranded on a deserted island and everything doesn’t seem to be of good fortune on their side. What makes this special is how James made the typical plot into an interesting story. Peter, one of the bad guys in the story got what he deserves in the ending. I hate that man! Cool twist towards the ending and James is spectacular in that way that’s why I love to read all his novels. I’m planning on getting the first Michael Bennett novel very soon. I hope it will be as good as Sail!






The Passage by Justin Cronin
I really, really tried my very best to like this book, I struggled and exerted patience but I couldn’t go on so I discontinued reading it. Maybe this book is not for me, I got it as a Christmas present last year, we had our company Christmas party and I specifically asked for The Passage, I’ve read loads of great spoiler-free reviews and at that time it seemed a really great read. It was even listed as one of the books that a reader must read. When I started The Passage, I was enthusiastic enough to push through with a couple hundred pages, but when I hit the 300 page mark, I was bored. Nothing interesting was happening; I hate that in a book. I shelved it for several days and thought that maybe I’m not in the reading mood that day. When I picked it up again after a week, I had the same feeling about it. Too many names and too many words to make me dizzy! I decided to totally ditch it. It’s not worth my time.





The Bourne Legacy by Eric Van Lustbader
After watching The Bourne Legacy film starring Jeremy Renner and Rachel Weisz, I was really interested on the real story behind The Bourne Legacy, the film just borrowed the title from the book and it’s not really based on the book itself. Jeremy’s character is a new one with an entirely different story. As I understand it, Jeremy’s character is just one of the many agents in the Jason Bourne universe. I think that’s really cool that some other agents are being given their chance on the spotlight. Now The Bourne Legacy is about Jason Bourne and his legacy. It is about his struggle to leave his past, but now the past that he wants to stay away from has caught up with him. I’ve never read any of Lustbader’s novels but I can fairly say that The Bourne Legacy, it being an action-adventure novel, has done immensely well with me. I like his writing style. I guess I’ll be seeing more of Bourne in the future.



2 comments:

Jennifer | Book Den said...

Aw, I'm sorry to hear you couldn't finish The Passage. I loved it. It *did* have lulls in it. The story was also rather disjointed, but overall the parts I loved - I LOVED. Good for you for moving on, though.

Ruperto Prieto said...

Hi Jen, thanks for dropping by...again...really appreciate it. yeah, I was a nit impatient with the passage, I wanted something really exciting to happen, and it really took so long for that to happen. =(

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!