Thursday, October 18, 2012

Mini Reviews: Mini Shopaholic, The Gypsy Morph and The Casual Vacancy



Mini Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella
I really laughed a lot while reading this book! Becky was a lovable character. She’s so sweet and funny, really liked her a lot. I think this book is the latest on this series, shame on me for not reading it properly; I should have started the first book of the series. Well, this book was on sale so I wasn’t thinking straight the day I bought it. All I know is the book was in mint condition and I immediately fell in love with the cover. Superb writing is all I can say with this one. I might get the second book in the series. Why the second? I’ve seen the movie version of the first one so I know the story. I would like to find out how Becky and Luke got hooked up. I’m sure it’s in a hilarious way.






The Gypsy Morph by Terry Brooks
A fantastic way to end a series! Terry always delivers good endings. All the questions I’ve accumulated from the first and second books were all answered on the Gypsy Morph. He’s such a good writer. The thing about Terry is that he really loves his profession; every book is like the very first novel he has written even though he has published loads of books. I think that’s a great way of writing. Terry will continue to write and create credible characters with his magical pen and I hope I’m still around when he does.







The Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling
Wow. I don’t even know how to begin with this review. I’ve anticipated this book for so long now. I even reserved a copy on my eagerness to get a hold of this book and I tell you that it isn’t cheap. I even roped in my two cousins to help me buy this piece of crap. The Casual Vacancy doesn’t even merit a full review post on this blog. It’s that bad of a novel. Okay, I’ve read reviews from Amazon and some say that it’s a good novel for an author who curved her way into a different genre, but I beg to disagree. Well, I must admit, JK is a great writer; it’s just that, this novel wasn’t really what I expected. I really want a story that will keep me interested and The Casual Vacancy did not give me that. It was boring. I was waiting for the magic to happen, it did not. If she’s going to release another book in the future, I very well plan on buying it on eBay or in paperback.



2 comments:

Jennifer | Book Den said...

I was disappointed with The Casual Vacancy, too! I didn't even finish it. :( Several people have stated they liked the ending and it made me wonder if I should force myself through it, but I have all the confidence in the world if you still thought it was crap - I don't need to force myself to read it. (Thanks for the mini review!)

Ruperto Prieto said...

HI Jen! Thanks for your message, Yeah, The Casual Vacancy was a real heart breaker :(
Actually, I did try and read The Casual Vacancy again but it wasn't working for me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!