Friday, July 27, 2012

Review: Small Steps by Louis Sachar

SYNOPSIS:  
Two years after being released from Camp Green Lake, Armpit is home in Austin, Texas, trying to turn his life around. But it’s hard when you have a record, and everyone expects the worst from you. The only person who believes in him is Ginny, his 10-year old disabled neighbor. Together, they are learning to take small steps. And he seems to be on the right path, until X-Ray, a buddy from Camp Green Lake, comes up with a get-rich-quick scheme. This leads to a chance encounter with teen pop sensation, Kaira DeLeon, and suddenly his life spins out of control, with only one thing for certain. He’ll never be the same again.


MY REVIEW: 

Wow, I don't know what to say with this one. Okay. Small Steps was freakin' awesome!!! I really enjoyed reading it. The characters are just so believable and vividly portrayed by the author. I've read Holes and it too was a fantastic novel, but I think Small Steps is way better than Holes. So much better! A world apart better! Small Steps is about Armpit, I know I got a bit distracted by this name. What kind of person would want a name like armpit? It's disgusting! Hehehe. I just had to let that out first. If Armpit's name is so distracting, his personality is nothing but great and remarkable. If you want to know why he got this hideous name of his, read the book and you’ll be surprised why he opted to stay with it. 

The story was very simple, but that's what makes this book so good! The simplicity of it. An easy read but at the same time, I can't seem to stop turning the pages, yeah, it’s that kind of book. Even though I don’t have so much time to read nowadays, this book will make you find time for it. I hope there’s a sequel to Small Steps, I want to know what will happen next to Armpit and Kaira. It’s official, one of the best book I’ve ever read this year! 

My Rating: 4 ½ Stars


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!