Sunday, July 1, 2012

Mini Reviews: The Women's Murder Club by James Patterson (Books 1-3)


1st To Die was a hell of a thriller! The title alone catches one's interest, I know it caught mine. I made a quick background check of the book before I read it. I know that it's a series and I actually read the ninth book and I was so sorry I did that. I wanted to read the series accordingly. I was wondering as the pages fly who would be the first to die? I was hoping it wasn't one the girls. I'm sure you're all thinking who these girls are. I think it's time for me to introduce these four remarkable ladies.

It all started when Lindsay Boxer decided to loop in three talented individuals and formed a group called The Women's Murder Club, it isn't a club that you can just join you know. You have to be a person with dignity, honor and strength to withstand what these ladies face every day of their lives. It's safe to say that Lindsay is the leader of the group, she and her best-friend, Claire, a medical examiner, are like sisters and more. Cindy Thomas, a reporter and Assistant D.A. Jill Bernhardt also joined the group and together they solve cases and bring down offenders and put them behind bars.




2nd Chance was a nice follow up from the first Women's Murder Club series. 1st To Die was a great book to start a series but 2nd Chance surpassed it by a mile long! This time around the four friends in this book must find a killer who shoots people like they're just toys. The book starts with a bang. Lindsay Boxer is not convinced that this is just random murder. There is a great chance that this is just another act of violence that the perpetrators will use to threaten the city. With their combined efforts, they managed to track down the killer and was shocked to learn of his true identity. Fast paced and so very good. You have to read this book, right now!


3rd Degree I must say, is my least favorite among the three books, why? Well, Jill died! That's why! I so love her character, she was smart, cool, beautiful and very successful! I can't fathom why James wrote her off the series, I just can't. She is an important character in the series, darn it! Sorry, I just had to get that out... When I was on the part of the book wherein Lindsay had found out that Jill had died, I stopped reading and just spaced out for like, a minute or so. I just can't believe it... It's like a part of me died inside and all of my insides were churning and I wanted to vomit. I know, I tend to get emotional and mushy when I really like a character in one of the books I read. I have that kind of tendency. But I'm not a freak, I swear. Haha. 

Eventually, I came to the conclusion that maybe James has a better storyline for the series and that Jill's departure from it is a vital part for the future of the series. Nevertheless, I really feel bad for Jill. I hope Mr. Patterson won't do this to me again or I might need a psychiatrist's help to deal with a death of a beloved character in this amazing series! Looking forward to read the next installments! 

My Rating: 5 Stars

4 comments:

Carole said...

I was wondering whether you would be happy to put up a link in my monthly series called “Books You Love”. The idea is for people to link up posts about a book they loved. It could be an old fave. I am hoping we will end up with a nice collection of books that can go on our reading lists. Here is the link Books You Loved July Edition

Carole said...

Thanks for linking this in. If you pop back in a few days there should be a good collection of links about books.
Have a super week.

Nancy said...

I read 1st to Die several months ago, though I haven't reviewed it on my blog yet. I agree with you, it is thrilling. And some kick-ass lady fighters they are! I have yet to read the succeeding books in the series. I hope to do that in the future, what with my never ending growing reading list. :-)

Ruperto Prieto said...

Hi Nancy! Thanks for your comment! I'm dead set on finishing these books before the year ends. Good luck on your reading and like you, I have tons of books to read. So many books! So little time, with my job and everything hehehehe.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!