Monday, July 23, 2012

In My Mailbox #49: Thank You YA!



In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by  The Story Siren.
Ive been craving for YA this whole week and the past weeks. I don’t know, maybe it’s just that I wanted something fresh to read, away from the other books that I normally prefer. I’ve gone to different bookstores and luckily found these great titles for a really reasonable price. I particularly opted for high school themed books, I love school, and so many of my good memories are from my high school days. 


 Gender Blender by Blake Nelson
Viola In Reel Life by Adriana Trigiani
The Postcard by Tony Abbott

There’s something about school that is magical. The hallways where you and your friends meet for lunch, the lockers where all of the hot fresh gossip are tackled by friends and just the spirit of camaraderie that the school grounds give you. I miss my old school and friends and whenever I'm reading YA with school-themed stories, it kinda reminds me of my old self. And that’s really important to me. Now, I need to find more of these books soon! If you can recommend any books with school-themed stories in them, please give me some titles! Thank you YA!



4 comments:

Nancy said...

"The ways of the world and the ways of school. Not so different after all." --The Several Lives of Orphan Jack by Sarah Ellis (This is a short YA book I finished last night and immediately remembered when you mentioned school.) Well, looks like you have a great haul there. :)

Kristin said...

I can't think of any off the top of my head. :o( I will have to look up Gender Blender though. I am loving the cover.
Book Sniffers Anonymous

Ruperto Prieto said...

@NANCY: Thanks so much! I'll try and find this title! =D

@KRISTIN: Thanks for dropping by! I also like the cover of Gender Blender and the story is really cool. I hope you can find a copy of it! =D

Ayanami Faerudo said...

School-themed YA books? How about Shrinking Violet by Danielle Joseph? It's not so much about school but about the dynamics of students in a school and a girl's wanting to be who she wants to be.

By the way, I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. See here.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!