Thursday, June 28, 2012

Review: Plague by Michael Grant


SYNOPSIS:  
It's been eight months since all the adults disappeared. Gone. They've survived hunger. They've survived lies. But the stakes keep rising, and the dystopian horror keeps building. Yet despite the simmering unrest left behind by so many battles, power struggles, and angry divides, there is a momentary calm in Perdido Beach. But enemies in the FAYZ don't just fade away, and in the quiet, deadly things are stirring, mutating, and finding their way free. The Darkness has found its way into the mind of its Nemesis at last and is controlling it through a haze of delirium and confusion. A highly contagious, fatal illness spreads at an alarming rate. Sinister, predatory insects terrorize Perdido Beach. And Sam, Astrid, Diana, and Caine are plagued by a growing doubt that they'll escape—or even survive—life in the FAYZ. With so much turmoil surrounding them, what desperate choices will they make when it comes to saving themselves and those they love?
MY REVIEW:

Hmmm... I have mixed feelings with Plague. The last book, Lies, was okay. There were things about Lies that I was skeptical about like the plot and some of the characters. But towards the end of the book, the plot changed immensely and it veered to a more interesting turn and generally that was what I'm looking for in a book. I love surprises! If a book can give me that, a good review will be given to it.

Plague however doesn't give any exciting factor to me, the book was okay but it lack the intensity and the momentum that Lies gave me. I can't help but compare it to Lies because Plague should have been more fast paced since this is the fourth book already.

Characters should be given more depth and plotting should improve and for me this book is just going in circles. I have high expectations on Plague and sadly, this book wasn't able to satisfy them. I now can't decide if I will read the fifth book, Light, I guess this time around, I'll be more careful and read some spoiler-free reviews before I actually buy the book...

My Rating: 3 ½ Stars



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!