Thursday, April 26, 2012

Review: The Doomsday Key by James Rollins

 SYNOPSIS:
At Princeton University, a famed geneticist dies inside a biohazard lab. In Rome, a Vatican archaeologist is found dead in St. Peters Basilica. In Africa, a US Senator's son is slain outside a Red Cross camp. Three murders on three continents bear a horrifying connection: all the victims are marked by a Druidic pagan cross burned into their flesh. The bizarre murders thrust Commander Gray Pierce and Sigma Force into a race against time to solve a riddle going back centuries, to a ghastly crime against humanity hidden within a cryptic medieval codex. The first piece of the puzzle is discovered inside a mummified corpse buried in an English peat bog-a gruesome secret that threatens America and the world. Aided by two women from his past--one his ex-lover, the other his new partner--Gray must piece together the horrifying truth. But the revelations come at a high cost, and to save the future, Pierce will have to sacrifice one of the women at his side. That alone might not be enough, as the true path to salvation is revealed in a dark prophecy of doom. Sigma Force confronts humankind's greatest threat in an adventure that races from the Roman Coliseum to the icy peaks of Norway, from the ruins of medieval abbeys to the lost tombs of Celtic kings. The ultimate nightmare is locked within a talisman buried by a dead saint--an ancient artifact known as the Doomsday Key.
MY REVIEW:

It’s been a while since I last read a Sigma Force novel. I’ve been very engrossed with so many other books that I’ve forgotten how much I enjoy reading the Sigma Force novels. I’ve been waiting for so long to read this book, but first, I’d like to say thank you again to my sister for this wonderful birthday present, this means a lot to me sis. Love ya! What could possibly go wrong with a James Rollins book? Nothing. It’s near perfect. My eyes were cemented to The Doomsday Key and once again I was transported back to adventure and never ending suspense that James only can deliver. This time around the story is about a symbol that could mean the end of the world. Gray Pierce and a bunch of other agents will try and solve the mystery that surrounds a Druidic symbol.

I don't want to give so much details on the plot, it's up to you, dear readers to discover it. I haven't read a Rollins book that I didn't like, as far as my memory can back this up. The Doomsday Key is a never-ending action of great proportions, James will give you action per page after page. There wasn't a dull moment in this book, I want to point out the motorcycle chase, it's one of my favorite part in the book, it was so real that I can almost picture it inside my head, like a movie before my eyes, that is how strong the authors' pen can be. Also, I love Kowalski, he's such a duffus, but he's as hard as a rock and you can depend on him when you're in a tight spot. I must stress out that he's a bit funny too. Really good character. 

We also see the soft side of Seichan, if she has one. I think he cares for Grey more than she can admit. I can see a possible relationship with the two of them in the future. That'll be great! Seichan and Grey together? Sparks will fly! I must admit though that when I look back from the rest of the series, The Doomsday Key is not the strongest in the series, he's written way better than this. Regardless, I will continue to read the series. Definitely.

My Rating: 4 ½ Stars



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!