Saturday, April 7, 2012

Review: Cursor's Fury by Jim Butcher

SYNOPSIS:
The power-hungry High Lord of Kalare has launched a rebellion against the aging First Lord, Gaius Sextus, who with the loyal forces of Alera must fight beside the unlikeliest of allies-the equally contentious High Lord of Aquitaine. Meanwhile, young Tavi of Calderon joins a newly formed legion under an assumed name even as the ruthless Kalare unites with the Canim, bestial enemies of the realm whose vast numbers spell certain doom for Alera. When treachery from within destroys the army's command structure, Tavi finds himself leading an inexperienced, poorly equipped legion-the only force standing between the Canim horde and the war-torn realm.
MY REVIEW: 

Like Academ’s Fury, this third book of the Codex Alera series is a feast for the eyes. I literally popped my eyes out finishing this book. Work always is a constant problem for me, that’s why I try to read as much as possible whenever I have time, it’s really ridiculous sometimes, when I’m in line at the bank, you’ll see me reading, when I’m riding the bus, ordering for lunch when the line is long, practically anywhere that gives me the opportunity to read, even when I’m walking on the sidewalk! Now, don’t do that, it’s isn’t safe, you might lose your balance and fall. Do any of you guys do these sometimes? Or is it just me? I would really like to know… Well, I have to earn a living though, right? I need to work so I can buy all the books that are out there waiting for me…



Anyways, let’s go back to my review; Jim has crafted an intricate world of lies, friendship and memorable characters. He’s a genius when it comes to battle and war tactics, twists and turns of events that I encounter almost every page, it sometimes leaves me breathless. Ingenious storytelling and superbly strong character support. Tavi has already grown into a man. He tasted his first battle and he didn’t really like it one bit. But he has to do his duty to Alera and that is to defend it from invaders that will try and overrun it. I think Tavi is peaceful man, if he can resolve a disagreement; it would be in a peaceful way, to talk it over in a manner in which both parties will have the chance to agree on something and will not use violence that can only result to death and destruction…



I highly recommend this book to anyone who is a fantasy geek. You’ll love this one, I’ve no doubt!


My Rating: 4 ½ Stars

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!