Friday, April 6, 2012

Review: Academ's Fury by Jim Butcher

SYNOPSIS:

For one thousand years, the people of Alera have united against the aggressive and threatening races that inhabit the world, using their unique bond with the Furies--elementals of Earth, Air, Fire, Water, and Metal. But now, the unity of the Alerians hangs in precarious balance. The First Lord of Alera has fallen in his efforts to protect his people from the vicious attacks of their enemies. Now, the fate of the Alerians lies in the hands of Tavi, a young man who must use all of his courage and resourcefulness to save his people--and himself.

MY REVIEW: 

Wow. What a ride! Academ's Fury is way better than Furies of Calderon. As I've said before, I so love books with school-themed stories in them. I just love school I guess. In Academ's Fury, our hero, Tavi, enters the Academy to study. As in all schools, it's not easy to be the newbie and add to that fact that he doesn't have any furycraft. It's strange and so unnatural for the people of Alera to have one of their people that doesn't have any means of furycraft. It's who they are, they use their furies in their everyday lives, so the students at the Academy find this a bit odd and disconcerting. Brencis, a son of a High Lord, uses this weakness to bully Tavi and single him out for the kill.

I haven't read the other books in this series, but I think Academ's Fury will be my favorite. Loads of action, student brawl, furycraft and politics, this book is a gem.



My Rating: 4 Stars



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!