Monday, April 9, 2012

Captain's Fury by Jim Butcher

SYNOPSIS:
After two years of bitter conflict with the hordes of invading Canim, Tavi of Calderon, now Captain of the First Aleran Legion, realizes that a peril far greater than the Canim exists—the terrifying Vord, who drove the savage Canim from their homeland. Now, Tavi must find a way to overcome the centuries-old animosities between Aleran and Cane if an alliance is to be forged against their mutual enemy. And he must lead his legion in defiance of the law, against friend and foe—before the hammerstroke of the Vord descends on them all.


MY REVIEW:

This is the fourth book from the Codex Alera series. I so want to be a writer! Sometimes, there’s this idea I have about a particular story that I want to write, but I know that I can’t write, you know what I mean? So I guess, like some other aspiring people who don’t know how to write, they just create the characters and look for an author who can write the story that they want to materialize into a successful novel. Like, Francine Pascal, she created the characters of her Sweet Valley High series, but she had dozens of different co-authors who wrote the entire series. She’s one of the best examples I can think of.



Enough about me wanting to be a terrific writer, that’s a bit of a stretch. Let’s go back to my review, we’re getting off the topic. Okay, so, Captain’s Fury is just okay. I wasn’t jumping up and down with this one. I think I enjoyed reading Academ’s Fury and Cursor’s Fury a lot more. Those two books offered more dimension and character depth. It’s still a good read but I still need more from it.
 
 
This time around, Tavi, Captain of the First Aleran Legion, wants to have a peaceful talk with the Canim, he doesn’t want another bloody war. Hard on his heels is a senator who proclaims that the Canim should be destroyed and be rid of them permanently so that their threat to the Aleran people will finally end. I will still recommend Captain’s Fury to anyone who loves fantasy.  A good read!


My Rating: Stars

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!