Friday, March 2, 2012

Review: Partner In Crime by J.A. Jance

SYNOPSIS:  
An up-and-coming African American artist has been murdered on  Sheriff Joanna Brady’s turf in Cochise County, Arizona. Unfortunately the victim happens to be in the Washington State Attorney General’s Witness Protection Program. As the most recent hire in AG’s Special Homicide Investigation Team, J.P. Beaumont gets the call. He reluctantly heads off for Bisbee, Arizona where he tangles not only with Joanna Brady and a contract killer but with some of his own personal demons as well. When two top-drawer and independent minded investigators head-on, you can’t expect the result to be sweetness and light. After all, sometimes having two lead detectives on a single case is one detective too many.
 
MY REVIEW: 

Hand of Evil was the first book I've read from Ms. Jance, if you could skim my review section, (please do!) you'll find out that I didn't enjoy the book that much. Maybe because the fact that it was the third book in the series and that I skipped reading the two previous ones greatly affected my perception for the whole book. That's what you get when you don't read the first book in a series, so readers, do not follow my example. On the other  hand, Partner In Crime, is also a series, I think it's the tenth one, not sure. Don't get me wrong, I purchased these two books last year, and I'm well aware that they belong to a series of books, I like taking chances, but sometimes, it backfires.

Partner In Crime however was absolutely precious! J.A. Jance has created a world of suspense and mystery in Cochise County, Arizona. I very well enjoyed the whodunit chase that sheriff Joanna and a reluctant Beaumont conducted throughout the story. They have some problems along the way of solving this case, Joanna was a bit skeptical on allowing Beaumont to interfere with her investigation, and she's not happy at all that they think that she can't handle the pressure in apprehending the culprit. With their combined forces they've managed to solve the case and all is at peace again in Cochise County...Highly recommended! I'll be looking for more Joanna Brady novels since I think she's grown in me.

My Rating: 4 Stars

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!