Sunday, March 4, 2012

In My Mailbox #46: The Butcher Is Back!


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by  The Story Siren.
In My Mailbox time peeps! This time around, I decided to give Jim Butcher another chance! I gave a not-so-great review on the first book, Furies of Calderon, I had mixed feelings about the whole plot and I was a bit worried about the series as a whole, whether if it was as good as the others I've read, would it entertain and keep me interested and a whole bunch of other reasons. Furies of Calderon was a bit slow on its pacing and some of the characters weren't as realistic enough for me.

Academ's Fury
Cursor's Fury
Captain's Fury

And now...I'm giving this series another shot to redeem itself. I've read spoiler free reviews and all of them are positive that books two to four is way better than the first one. Actually, there's book five and six but I don't want to chance it again if it turned out that these three books is a bad read. So I'll buy the last two if it turns out that the series is worth it!

2 comments:

Nikki-ann said...

I keep meaning to catch up on the Fury series as I'm a BIG fan of Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files.

Ruperto Prieto said...

Hi Nikki-ann! I've heard the Dresden Files is a great series, I think I'll read it given the chance. Thanks for dropping by! =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!