Thursday, December 22, 2011

Review: Side Effects by Michael Palmer

SYNOPSIS:
Kate Bennet. A bright hospital pathologist with a loving husband and a solid future. Until one day her world turns dark. A strange, puzzling illness has killed two women. Now it endangers Kate's closest friend. Soon it will threaten Kate's marriage. Her sanity. Her life. Kate has uncovered a horrifying secret. Important people will stop at nothing to protect it. It is a terrifying medical discovery. And its roots lie in one of the greatest evils in the history of humankind.

MY REVIEW:

I really enjoyed reading Side Effects. You can count the medical books that I normally read, and they are very few, only two actually, the extremely talented Tess Gerritsen and Mr. Robin Cook. 

Side Effects is about Dr. Kate Bennett, a pathologist at Metropolitan hospital of Boston, and a likely candidate to be the next chief of the department. This book was published many years ago and I was skeptical for a moment if I'm going to read it. I never had problems before if the book is older than me... That makes it more interesting.

That happened in Side Effects, I was smiling the whole time I'm reading the book. It was very informative, in regards with the medicinal part and the fictional aspect of it. Highly recommended!

My Rating: 4 Stars

2 comments:

Lah @ Lazy Girl Reads said...

Well this book sounds super cool!! Guess what?? I started reading Under The Dome at the library and I'm already hooked!!! If I get an e-reader this Christmas, that's going to be the first book I read!

xo,
Lah @ LazyGirl Reads

Ruperto Prieto said...

hi lah! Really? that's soooooooooo cool! under the dome is just great! will wait for your review! thanks for dropping by! merry christmas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!