Thursday, October 6, 2011

Review: Faces Of Fear by John Saul

SYNOPSIS: 
Fifteen-year-old Alison Shaw may not be beautiful, but she doesn’t really care: She’d much rather read a good book than primp in front of a mirror. But Alison’s gorgeous mother, Risa, knows that beauty can be a key to success and wishes only the best for her daughter–a wish that may come true after Risa marries widowed plastic surgeon Conrad Dunn. Conrad claims that he can turn Alison into a vision of loveliness, so the teenager reluctantly agrees to undergo the first procedure. Then Alison discovers a picture of Conrad’s first wife and notes, to her horror, a resemblance between the image in the photo and the work her stepfather is doing on her. Though, Risa refuses to acknowledge the strange similarities, Alison digs further into her stepfather’s murky past, uncovers dark secrets and even darker motives–and realizes that her worst fears are fast becoming reality.

MY REVIEW: 

Faces Of Fear, a book I was reluctant to buy, turned out to be one hell of a great read! I know how the story would end, and I can tell who the killer is when I was halfway through the story, but that's okay, sometimes I hate it when there's no room for guessing and surprises. But John Saul's writing changed all that.

I know loads of readers' hated the book because it was a bit of a giveaway, it's very obvious who the killer was! But that's the thing, if the author creates a sense of mystery that surrounds this killer, curiosity settles in. What would the killer do next? What goes on in his mind? Who would be the next victim? 

I had a hard time reading this book, it took me almost two weeks to finish it! Not because it's lame and all that. I was pretty busy these past few days and I can barely open a page or two. Nevertheless, I enjoyed it!


My Rating: 4 Stars

1 comment:

Lah @ Lazy Girl Reads said...

I could see why you were on the fence about buying this book. I wouldn't have either given that cover. HA! But if you say it's good, I trust your judgement!

xo,
Lah @ LazyGirl Reads

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!