Monday, September 5, 2011

Feature Book: Tess-rrific!!!

I had a wonderful surprise last Friday night when I got home from work. It was raining incessantly, I had a hard time getting on the bus with so many people who wanted to get home and then there was traffic and the usual end of the week madness that I'm so familiar with, that it didn't bothered me anymore. But last particular Friday, I had a killer headache and it lasted the whole 8 hours that I was at the office. It made me jumpy, uncomfortable and snappish. To sum it all up, I was dead tired and wanted to go home immediately and rest...and then when I got home, my friend, who was staying for the weekend, handed me a book. 

I was really surprised to learn that it was from Tess Gerritsen! I did asked for a review copy of her latest thriller, The Silent Girl, but I wasn't expecting it to arrive immediately. I was so happy my headache just instantly vanished! I would like to thank Ms. Gerritsen for her kindness and generosity. I would also like to congratulate her on the success of the TV show Rizzoli and Isles, her two precious creations are making waves on television and it's every readers' delight to see characters "come to life" on TV or in movies. It's on its second season and I've seen season 1 and it was awesome! Thanks a million Tess! 

Bestselling writer Tess Gerritsen is also a physician, and she brings to her novels her first-hand knowledge of emergency and autopsy rooms. But her interest span more than medical topics. As an anthropology student at Stanford University, she catalogued centuries-old remains, and she continues to travel the world, driven by her fascination with the ancient cultures and bizarre natural phenomena. She lives with her husband in Maine.

2 comments:

Raíla said...

You're such an awesome "virtual" friend, and I really think you deserve getting those awesome books from Tess for being such loyal and devoted reader fan of her. :) ENJOY!!!

Ruperto Prieto said...

Awwww!!! Thanks so much Rai! You're pretty friendly yourself, you know...And a terrific Tess fan too! GOD bless! ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!