Thursday, August 18, 2011

Review: Split Second by David Baldacci

SYNOPSIS:
Sean King is a former Secret Service agent who, eight years ago, botched the job of protecting a presidential candidate. When he meets Michelle Maxwell, an attractive agent whose political charge has just been kidnapped, the two disgraced operatives uncover an ominous connection between the incidents. They team up, and -- as bodies begin to pile up -- they find themselves racing against the clock to prevent an assassin from striking again along the campaign trail.

MY REVIEW: 

Political thriller is not my cup of tea. I think I seldom read those kinds of books, I don't know why, but politics is boring for me. There's no love lost there. I never want to know more about them, maybe just the current happenings in the government would suffice, but really getting into deeper issues makes me want to run and hide. Politics is dirty and based on some of the things I've seen on the news nowadays, it is most likely a world I wouldn't want to be entangled with. Not that I'm planning to get into politics or something... 

This book was a blast! A brilliant read! David Baldacci, beyond a shadow of a doubt, is a true bestseller! The plot was engaging and very well written. Two secret service agents, Sean King and Michelle Maxwell, finds common ground to unravel a murder conspiracy that threatens to change their lives forever. I've never read anything like this before and I'm so excited to read the rest of the series. Sean King and Michelle Maxwell are great together, they kinda remind me of Lois and Clark. Split Second is so much like the TV series. I imagine Sean as Dean Cain and Michelle as Teri Hatcher. I've been watching the TV series lately and I may have incorporated them with this book.

The book of course is anything but that, but I like to envision actors whenever I'm reading, it makes reading a lot fun for me. Also I found out that there's another series entitled The Camel Club. Sounds really exciting! Look at me, thinking way ahead of myself, I haven't read all the King/Maxwell Series yet and now I'm planning on reading an entire new collection of books!? So many books, so little time to read them.

To wrap it up, the entire book is one hell of a ride you wouldn't want to miss! 


My Rating: 4 Stars

2 comments:

Jennifer | Book Den said...

Split Second is a book I have always planned to read, but never have. It sounds like I'm missing out.

Ruperto Prieto said...

Please do read Split Second! I would want to read your review of it! :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!