Thursday, July 14, 2011

Review: A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett

SYNOPSIS:   
Sara Crewe, an exceptionally intelligent and imaginative student at Miss Minchin's Select Seminary for Young Ladies, is devastated when her adored, indulgent father dies. Now penniless and banished to a room in the attic, Sara is demeaned, abused, and forced to work as a servant. How this resourceful girl's fortunes change again is at the center of A Little Princess, one of the best-loved stories in all of children's literature.

MY REVIEW:  

Hi guys! I've been busy these past few days. My time was spent on work and watching Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, starring Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher. Yeah, I know, it's old school. But I really like the show before and I think I was in elementary when it was aired here in the Philippines year 1993. I can't exactly remember if the series was shown in full that's why I wanted to watch all the four seasons if I can manage it. I'm almost done with Season 1 and I'm really enjoying the show. It's funny and sometimes the storylines are a bit silly but that only makes it appealing to me. 

Also, another reason I wasn't able to blog much, is that our computer is broken...again. This time around, the monitor is not working and I was really upset. I had to go outside and rent on one those computer cafes. It's really a hassle for me to write reviews with so many people around me. I need privacy whenever I'm posting something.

When I was a kid, A Little Princess was aired here in the Philippines as a TV series. I think Nippon Animation was the one who created the cartoon version of this classic story. I really loved the animation of Nippon, the drawings captured the essence of the book. It was very detailed, the streets, the houses, the dormitory where Sara stayed along with the other children are just fantastic. I think every kid today should watch this show and read the book. It was an awesome read! Frances is a marvelous writer!


My Rating: 5 Stars

2 comments:

aobibliophile™ said...

hi Pertz! i have yet to read the book but like you and almost all Pinoys, i watched the animated version on TV too. i remember how the neighborhood would suddenly grow quiet when it was time for the show to start. most kids were rushing home in order not to miss Sara! great show! great memories! thanks for sharing your thoughts. c",)

Ruperto Prieto said...

Hi Ao! Yeah, great memories. I also remember watching the show from our neighbor's window because our tv was broken and I can't wait what will happen next.(I wasn't close to that neighbor, so they didn't invite me in) hehehe. :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!