Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Cravings #13: Dear John by Nicholas Sparks

"Book Cravings are books that I really want to have but can't buy them for now. Reasons may vary on not having the money to purchase it and sometimes coz it's not available locally. I will post my book cravings every week and tell something about that particular book."
For this week, I am craving for the book Dear John by Nicholas Sparks. After watching the movie version, I immediately wanted to read the book. I have not read any of his novels, but I have seen the movie adaptations of them. And they are really nice! Are the books any good? Or are the movies better?

An angry rebel, John dropped out of school and enlisted in the Army, not knowing what else to do with his life--until he meets the girl of his dreams, Savannah. Their mutual attraction quickly grows into the kind of love that leaves Savannah waiting for John to finish his tour of duty, and John wanting to settle down with the woman who has captured his heart. But 9/11 changes everything. John feels it is his duty to re-enlist. And sadly, the long separation finds Savannah falling in love with someone else. "Dear John," the letter read...and with those two words, a heart was broken and two lives were changed forever. Returning home, John must come to grips with the fact that Savannah, now married, is still his true love—and face the hardest decision of his life.


2 comments:

Janinay said...

Hmmm. I'm a Sparks fan so I may be biased. His stuff is for the hopeless romantic and there are some who might not want to read it (mga ayaw sa nakakaiyak). Ako I love this book! Tearjerker. :D The Last Song is the one that stayed truest to the book kasi nga nauna isulat ni Sparks yung screenplay sa novel. If you loved the movies, the books are so much better! Tapos yung ending is mostly not the same sa movie e. :D

Lah @ Lazy Girl Reads said...

You know this sounds like a good book to me too. I didn't see the movie but after reading another one of the Sparks books (The Last Song) I know that I could read a book or two of his every once in a while. I think I will read this one too!

Lah

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!