Sunday, June 19, 2011

Review: Fallen by Lauren Kate

SYNOPSIS: 
There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori. Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move. Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce–and goes out of his way to make that very clear–she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her...
MY REVIEW:  

Every YA book is a welcome read for me. Not often do I get my hands on this genre. No need to elaborate...If you're a regular reader of this blog you'll figure out why that is the case. After reading the book, I browsed some of the reviews other bloggers and readers wrote about Fallen. I wanted to know their reactions first before I write my review. I don't do this often, but I had mixed feelings with Fallen and I want to know if some of the readers shared my opinions. I've read loads of them and some are good reviews with very detailed descriptions of how they adore Daniel... I guess most of the reviews I've read centered on one person alone. Daniel. Sexy, mysterious Daniel. 

Anyways, I,  on the other hand can't relate to this character. The Twilight Series is also mentioned on some of the reviews I've read, comparing the two books which I think is not cool. Having read all the four books in the series (yeah, I think I haven't mentioned it on this blog, but I've read them all and I will give the whole series 2 ½ stars out of 5. Don't ask why. Renesmee??? This name is just too weird for me...) and I've seen all the movies courtesy of my cousin, who's a die hard fan of Robert Pattinson.) I finished Fallen in a week's time. It's shorter than the books I normally read. 

The main issue I had with this book were the shadows, Lauren wasn't able to execute these shadow appearances very well, I find the whole thing ludicrous. I just don't see the significance of these beings or whatever they are in this book. Also, there are loads of characters mentioned that didn't play any part in the story which makes it the more confusing for me.  But I did enjoy Luce. She's a fun character and I think amidst all the things that's happening to her, she's still in control of her life. Not a great book though, but I still would like to read Torment...

My Rating: 3 ½ Stars






4 comments:

Rane Anderson said...

I agree 100%!! Great review!

Ruperto Prieto said...

Hi Ms. Rane! Thanks for dropping by!

Lah @ Lazy Girl Reads said...

Interesting!!! I always have different opinions on YA books than most bloggers. I'm certain that if I read this book, I would agree with you completely!!

Natalie W said...

I like your honest review. I have this one in my tbr stack too. I am curious about it just because I've seen it everywhere!
Good review, I'll be thinking about it when I read it.
Natalie :0)
ps my word verification is FINGA- hahaha love that word!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!