Sunday, April 10, 2011

Review: Ice Hunt by James Rollins

 SYNOPSIS:
Carved into a moving island of ice twice the siz e of the United States, Ice Station Grendel has been abandoned for more than seventy years. The twisted brainchild of the finest minds of the former Soviet Union, it was designed to be inaccessible and virtually invisible. But an American undersea research vessel has inadvertently pulled too close - and something has been sighted moving inside the allegedly deserted facility, something whose survival defies every natural law. And now, as scientists, soldiers, intelligence operatives, and unsuspecting civilians are drawn into Grendel's lethal vortex, the most extreme measures possible will be undertaken to protect its dark mysteries - because the terrible truths locked behind submerged walls of ice and steel could end human life on Earth.

MY REVIEW:

It's been a busy week for me! So sorry I haven't been able to blog that much. After 8 hours of work I can't possibly check this blog every single night. :-( I would like to say thank you to all my blogger friends! You all know who you are! Thanks for stopping by and sharing some of your precious time to visit here. Your comments are wonderful and I really appreciate it, more that you'll ever know. This post will be a review of the things that had happened to me the whole week and of course, the review of the book itself. I think Sunday will be my only time to blog and review books. I still find time to read though, before I go to sleep, I try to read a few pages. I guess I need one week to finish one book, but that's okay.

I'm learning new things from my new job and that's really cool. New experiences, new people, everything is new. Really exciting stuff... But enough about work, it's time for my review on Ice Hunt.

What can I possibly say about a James Rollins book? One word. Adventure. Having read almost all of his novels, he never fails to excite me in every possible way. He has this gift in making readers like me turn the pages like there's no tomorrow. That's how good he is. I can still reckon the first book that I've read from James, it was Amazonia. I vividly recall this particular title because I was sick when I read it. But it was so good that I can't stop even when I was not feeling well. Every chapter of this book is a cliffhanger, you don't know what will happen next. And James will surprise you every single time.

Ice Hunt is like Amazonia and more. Don't even get me started with Matt's character, really awesome guy. James again has a huge cast of characters which makes this book a powerful addition to his never-ending trophies of memorable characters...Cheers!


My Rating: 4 ½ Stars

4 comments:

Lazy Girl said...

This book looks stunning! I think I'd like run out and check this one out!! Thanks for the amazing review, and all the best at your job.

I've been MIA too bc of work and I was feeling bad at first too but everyone understands! You've gotta making a living somehow! :)

Will keep you posted on a new thing I want to do where I spotlight bloggers who blog about other genres beside YA.

Have a blessed week!
~Lah

Ruperto Prieto Jr. said...

Thanks Lah! God bless!

Armand Sedai said...

VERY WELL SAID Rupert!

This book is exhilarating, as the rest of his body or works are.

Me and my young Bro are fans of the author, and we have almost all of his books in our bookshelves.

You have a FINE TASTE there!

I particularly love his Fantasy Series THE BANNED AND THE BANISHED writing as as James Clemens (syempre, fantasy book addict to) Try reading 'em.

Ruperto Prieto said...

Hi Armand! Thanks! Wow, I wish we can talk in person! We both love James and Terry and the other Terry too. Hehehe. Long live the book nerds! Ahaha. :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!