Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Die Is Cast #1: Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins

The Die Is Cast is a meme here @ Bookable Reads that is all about creating a cast of actors and actresses for a particular book that you've read or you're currently reading. And having fun doing so! Create them in your own way!

I chose Hex Hall for my very first TDIC post. I don't know if someone from the blogger world have this kind of meme but I assure you I didn't copy it from yours. Click here for my Hex Hall review.

Anyways, since I love reading and movies so much, it's always fun to think of actors who can play for a certain character in a book. I do this all the time when I'm reading, it's nice to put a face on them. To imagine these set of actors portraying them in television or movies. Who wouldn't like that right?

Well here are the actors that I would want to see on Hex Hall, if ever it will be made into a movie:

Emma Watson as Sophie Mercer:
I think Emma is perfect to play as Sophie. Yeah, I know she's Hermione that we all love and adore, and we are sure she won't play a witch again for a very long time. Still, I want her as Sophie. I'm a fan of Emma ever since the first Harry Potter movie came out, she's a very talented actress. 

Josh Hutcherson as Archer Cross:
One of the most talented teen actors today, Josh can give justice to any character that he will play. It's also a bit of a stretch for him to accept this role but that's the way I see it. This meme is all about creating your dream cast. Lol.


Jennifer Lawrence as Elodie Parris:
Okay, I hate Elodie's character, so it was kind of hard to find an actress who can portray her nastiness. I first saw Jennifer Lawrence on the red carpet and I was captivated by her beauty and her self confidence. I think she's perfect for Elodie. 

  
Kay Panabaker as Jenna Talbot:
She has this cute face and she looks very simple. But I know that Kay has a lot more than an innocent face. She's a terrific actress and I want her to play Jenna because I think she can transform entirely from being this timid girl to a feisty one! 


There you have it! I didn't include all the characters, only the main players in the book that I like...



8 comments:

Lazy Girl said...

Cool meme Ruperto!! I'd like to try this at some point, but I'm bad at picking out actors and stuff lol!!

Ruperto Prieto Jr. said...

Thanks Lah! Try it if you want, if not that's totally okay! :-)

Natalie W said...

Love this meme!! I always envision the book as a movie when I read it and I assign actors to the characters. I thought I was just being weird.
I'll have to do this fun meme! I've never heard of the book you picked but the actors you picked look great. I'll have to check this book out.
Thanks for stopping by my blog too.
Natalie :0)

Ruperto Prieto Jr. said...

@NATALIE: Thanks so much Ms. Natalie. I hope to read your very first The Die Is Cast post soon! GOD bless!

glentot said...

Emma Watson is perfect for any role. I'll watch any movie with Emma in it. Nice pick.

Kat said...

Great meme! I could also see Emma Watson as Sophie, and your Jenna seems perfect, though I've never heard of her before now. Hex Hall is one of my newer favorites, so it's interesting to see how you envision the characters.

Ruperto Prieto Jr. said...

glentot: I love Emma! Hehehe. Correct! She can play any role. I've watched her film Ballet Shoes and it was great!

Ruperto Prieto Jr. said...

@Kat: Thanks for dropping by Kat! I hope you will try this meme!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!