Friday, March 4, 2011

In My Mailbox #32: The Princess & The Doctor


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by  The Story Siren.

When I saw the book, A Little Princess, I was reluctant to buy it. Sure, I loved the animated series when I was a kid, it was one of the most popular show back then, teaching kids the value of honesty, friendship and love. The show itself was a major hit here in the Philippines. 

But is it worth my time? I mean, I'm too old for this story, right? In the end, I gave in and wanted to know if the book is much better than the tv show. 



I'm familiar with Robin Cook and Tess Gerritsen's medical thrillers, their books are different because it focuses on the medical side of the story. I haven't read a single novel by Michael Palmer, so when I spotted Side Effects, I told myself that it's time to try this author.

What about you guys? What books did you get this week? 



7 comments:

Rane Anderson said...

I LOVE The Little Princess!! It is such a great story, I don't think you can go wrong! Honestly, you will feel like a kid again. I also love the story "The Little Prince" by the same author. SoO Good!

Rane

Rane Anderson said...

Hey and you have a new page design! Very nice!! And happy blogoversary in 5 days!!

Ruperto Prieto Jr. said...

@Rane Anderson: Hello Ms. Rane! Yeah, A Little Princess really has a great story. I hope I'll love the book as I loved the tv show. I decided to change my page design because my Blogoversary is almost upon me. I can't believe my blog is a year old! Thanks so much for dropping by and I appreciate it as always! GOD bless!

Alison said...

Fab reads! Little Princess is worth reading as a classic.
New follower.
My IMM

Majanka Verstraete said...

I watched the TV series about The Little Princess when I was younger, but never got around to reading the book. I hope you enjoy it :) I'm not a big fan of medical thrillers - I do have some Robin Cook's lying around here somewhere - but it might be a refreshing change from other thrillers and the likes for once. Happy reading!


Take a look at what's in my Mailbox this week.

Ruperto Prieto Jr. said...

@Alison: Hi! Thanks so much for following my blog! I really appreciate it! I also followed yours! GOD bless!

Ruperto Prieto Jr. said...

@Majanka Verstraete: Hi! thanks for dropping by! I visited your blog and you have so many books! I think you're like me, a wide reader. I hope you can read a robin cook novel and i hope i get to read a review about it! thanks! GOD bless!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!