Wednesday, March 9, 2011

In My Mailbox #33: Blogoversary Book Bash!

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by  The Story Siren
Squee! Today is my blogoversary! Wow! I can't believe that Bookable Reads is a year old now! When I started blogging, I only wanted to write reviews and just express myself using my posts as a way to let the world know how much I love reading. I would like to give thanks to my friend, Rom, for giving the idea to start a book blog. I've met loads of book bloggers around the world and here in the Philippines. All of them are just exceptional. What better way to celebrate my blogoversary than to have myself a book spree!

Whitethorn Woods by Maeve Binchy
 I love a huge cast of characters. This book has that kind of story wherein lives of different people unfolds before your very eyes. Sure looks like a good book.

Dark Assassin by Anne Perry
I very much like the cover of this book, very mysterious. What I love about it most is that it's one of those whodunnit kind of novels I really enjoy reading. And this is the first time that I'm going to read Anne Perry. 



Summer on Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber 
 I've been hunting for this book for quite some time now and I got lucky today! I have all the previous books and they're just awesome! 

Testimony by Anita Shreve 
I've read Resistance and I didn't like the book that much, I told myself that I'll give Anita another try and I sure hope Testimony can top Resistance. I always give second chances to authors that I find worthwhile to read. 

 

Fat Tuesday by Sandra Brown
I enjoyed Chill Factor so much that's why I decided to buy another Sandra Brown novel. I know that this book was published a few years ago, but that only makes it interesting to read!

Two Little Girls In Blue by Mary Higgins Clark
It's been a while now since I last read a MHC thriller.  I enjoy her books so much. She is still the Queen of Suspense for me. And on that note, it's time to read her again...



Tea House On Mulberry Street by Sharon Owens
I haven't read any of Sharon Owen's books. So I don't know what to expect from this one. I hope it's a great read! 

That's all folks! I decided to buy loads of books on my 1st blogoversary! I'm going to add them on my reading pile and hope to read them all soon! So many books, so little time to read them! Cheerz!


5 comments:

Nina B. said...

That's an awesome amount of books! I don't have anything planned for my blogoversary yet, but that can wait since it doesn't happen 'til November. But way to go on your first year! Congratulations and more power!

Brush Up On Your Reading

Rane Anderson said...

Happy Blog Anniversary!

And nice haircut!!

:-)

You should sign up for Story Siren's In My Mailbox and put your blog link on her sign up sheet for IMM. You'd get a lot of great visitors from that!!

Check it out:http://www.thestorysiren.com/search?updated-max=2011-03-07T08:00:00-05:00&max-results=4

Ruperto Prieto Jr. said...

@Nina B.: Nina, thanks so much! I will wait for your blogoversary, I'm excited to read what post you'll have on that day. I'm sure you'll surprise us all with your creativity! :-)

@Rane Anderson: Hi Ms. Rane! Thanks for the greeting! I'm glad you like my haircut. I did post my link on The Story Siren's IMM. I'll do it again next time. It's just that The Story Siren's books are more on the YA genre...I hope regardless of that, other bloggers will be interested on my blog. God bless!

Lazy Girl said...

WOW! Happy Blogoversary Ruperto! And yes, I agree with your comment about about the Story Siren's books being more YA. I wish there were more of a Mystery/Adult Fiction novel following in this bloggaverse!

YA novels are cool but I love a good thriller any day!!

Anyway, congrats to you and hears to another 365 days of book-filled bliss!!

Ruperto Prieto Jr. said...

@Lazy Girl: I totally agree too. I usually read Adult fiction since they're more realistic. Thanks so much! GOD bless!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!