Sunday, February 20, 2011

Review: Home To Big Stone Gap by Adriana Trigiani

SYNOPSIS:
Nestled in the lush Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia, the town of Big Stone Gap has been home for Ave Maria Mulligan MacChesney and her family for generations. She's been married to her beloved Jack for nearly twenty years, raised one child and buried another, and run a business that binds her community together, all while holding her tight circle of family and friends close. But with her daughter, Etta, having flown the nest to enchanting Italy, Ave Maria has reached a turning point. When a friend's postcard arrives with the message - It's time to live your life for you, - Ave Maria realizes that it's time to go in search of brand-new dreams...

MY REVIEW:

I've told you all before that when I buy a book, sometimes I do an extensive research first and sometimes I just go with my feelings. This is the latter part...

Usually, I don't buy books that have this kind of story. Basically, Home To Big Stone Gap is a book for grown-up women. So, why do I have it? Again, there are no boundaries when it comes to reading. As long as I'm interested in the story, I don't care if it's chick-lit, romantic suspense, paranormal, young adult, crime, thriller, medical horror and romance. The most important thing is that I enjoy all of them.

The book I think is all about marriage, family and friends. ( I can easily relate to family and friends. I'm still single hehehe). Even though this is the fourth book, I can still follow the story quite clearly. Upon knowing that it's a series, I did a bit of research of the previous books and gathered some info so I can understand this book more. Adriana Trigiani is such a delightful writer. I don't know if she herself experienced all the things that she wrote in this book, coz authors sometimes write stuff from their own lives, Home To Big Stone Gap is a book that will teach you to love, forgive and live life to the fullest. Highly recommended! 

My Rating: 4 Stars

2 comments:

Rane Anderson said...

I like the cover of this book A LOT. How nice!! :-)

Ruperto Prieto Jr. said...

@RANE: Hi Ms. Rane! Yeah I also love the cover. I've seen the draft of the Who Is Saint Giovanni book cover, and it's just so nice! Good luck on that!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!