Friday, February 18, 2011

Review: City Of Glass by Cassandra Clare

SYNOPSIS:
To save her mother's life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters -- never mind that entering the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and Simon has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight. As Clary uncovers more about her family's past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadow-hunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadow-hunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he's willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her new found powers to help save the Glass City -- whatever the cost? Love is a mortal sin and the secrets of the past prove deadly as Clary and Jace face down Valentine in the final installment of the New York Times bestselling trilogy The Mortal Instruments.
MY REVIEW:

I gave a 5 star rating on City of Bones and I think that City of Glass exceeds that, I'm giving it a six star rating. Hehehe. Although I skipped City Of Ashes entirely (my bad), I managed to piece together the remaining plot (thanks to wikipedia for that) and eventually all the things that I needed to know on City Of Ashes are all answered one by one.

This is an amazing book to end a series, (technically, it's not over yet, because of the books popularity, Cass will have two more books to write) City of Fallen Angels will be released this coming April 2011, it's really good to have more of Jace and Clary! As far as I'm concerned, Cass can write as many sequels as she wants. Hehehe. This is the same wish I had wanted from the Harry Potter Series. Book 8! Book 8! :-)

All the characters are still enjoyable to read. That's really important. Don't want to get bored, and if that happens the book is slowly annoying me. The action is not a priority in this book, I wanted some hardcore fighting scenes but that wasn't the case. Nevertheless, things were superb. Cass, you did a great job on this one!

In my opinion, best book in the series. Wow!

My Rating: 5 Stars

2 comments:

Rane said...

I'm just finishing City of Bones! It has taken me forever to read!!! I've been so busy. Thanks for signing up for the Who "Is Saint Giovanni?" event! :-D

Ruperto Prieto Jr. said...

@RANE: Hi Ms. Rane! Can't wait for your review! Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate it very much! There are loads of bloggers out there and for you to take time and write here is really just kind of you! GOD bless! Goodluck with your book!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!