Monday, February 7, 2011

Review: Lost and Found by Carolyn Parkhurst

SYNOPSIS:
What do a suburban mom and her troubled daughter, two recently divorced brothers, a pair of former child stars, born-again Christian newlyweds, and a couple of young millionaires have in common? They have all been selected to compete on Lost and Found, a daring new reality TV show. In teams of two, they will race across the globe--from Egypt to Japan, from Sweden to England--to battle for a million-dollar prize. They must decipher encrypted clues, recover mysterious artifacts, and outwit their opponents to stay in play. What starts as a lark turns deadly serious as the number of players is whittled down, temptations beckon, and the bonds between partners strain and unravel. Before long the question is not only who will capture the final prize, but at what cost.

MY REVIEW:

I don't like watching reality shows, you know, like the very popular Survivor series, The Bachelor, The Amazing Race and loads more that I won't mention. I don't find them realistic and true enough to waste my time on them. I just want to make it absolutely clear that I don't have anything against these kinds of shows, it's just that I don't like them. They're not my cup of tea. :-)

So how come I have Lost and Found? It's a book! That's the reason I have it and of course I'm really interested with the story. Although I can't help but compare it to the Amazing Race, the book is so much more than that. In this book, all the characters have backgrounds from their personal life. Not like the one we see on TV where all the contestants just go to places and compete with various challenges. What kept me reading Lost and Found are the stories of the contestants that are told in their own point of view. Their lives are as real as ours and they face the same problems we do everyday. This is the kind of book that will keep you interested from beginning to end.

Carolyn Parkhurst is a wonderful author, I can't possibly think how she managed to create a story with very realistic characters. I was really blown away with this book. Cheerz!


My Rating: 4 Stars


 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!