Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Review: Last Known Victim by Erica Spindler

SYNOPSIS:
In 2005, hurricane rescue workers made a grisly discovery at one of the massive refrigerator "graveyards"--six female hands. Captain Patti O'Shay, a by-the-books cop, is assigned to the case. But with the evidence lost to time and the elements, the heinous incident goes unsolved. The perpetrator, known only as "The Handyman," remains at large. Two years later Patti is still haunted by her own personal tragedy--her husband and fellow police captain was murdered in the post-storm chaos. But when a female victim missing her right hand is unearthed, Patti prepares to return to The Handyman investigation. She is unprepared, however, for what she finds at the crime scene--the victim's bones beside her husband's police badge. Casting aside all the rules, Patti is fearless in her quest to find the truth...because if she isn't, she could become The Handyman's last known victim.
MY REVIEW:


This book falls under the whodunnit kind of story that I really, really just love reading. Keeping me on the edge of my seat while reading Last Known Victim only makes Erica Spindler one of my favorite authors around. 

In this book, Captain Patti O' Shay struggles to find and capture the killer who murdered her husband. She goes out of her way and even managed to break the law herself to reveal the killer who has eluded her in the past. 

Set against post-Katrina, the author managed to unite two chilling stories, explore the destruction that Katrina has done to the city of New Orleans and a  killer that's out of control. I admire Erica for giving me the kind of book that I really can read over and over again. To wrap it all up, Last Known Victim is a nail-biting suspense with a breathless twist!

My Rating: 4 stars


2 comments:

Nina B. said...

Awesome review! Erica Spindler is obviously your favorite author...and for obvious reasons!

Brush Up On Your Reading

Ruperto Prieto Jr. said...

@Nina B.: hi! Gosh, thanks for dropping by. My review is a bit short hehehe. I just want to really write what I thought of the book...God Bless!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!