Tuesday, December 28, 2010

In My Mailbox #24: Seven Books for Christmas

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by  The Story Siren.
Yesterday, I went out all by myself for a little stroll. I miss my usual book hunt expedition, so I decided to venture on an all out book search.

I purchased seven books all in all. These books are written by authors that I'm familiar with. I splurged a bit, I have the budget so why not? Thanks to my friends and relatives again for the cash. Hehehe. I took individual pictures highlighting myself and the books. I love taking pictures of myself holding or reading a certain book, it's really fun posting them on this blog.


Book1: Sleeping Beauty by Phillip Margolin
>> I've read books by Phillip Margolin and they're just fantastic.

Book2: Cut and Run by Ridley Pearson
>> This is the first time I'm reading him. The story is really interesting.



Book3: The Summons by John Grisham
>> No more questions, if I see a John book on sale, I'll buy it immediately...

Book4: The Alibi Man by Tami Hoag
>> I was looking for this book for so long now, and I finally have it now!  



Book5: The Fulfillment by LaVyrle Spencer
>> I rarely read romance stories, but when the book is by LaVyrle, I make an exception.

Book6: Deadrun by Erica Spindler
>> I think Erica Spindler is one of the best mystery writers around, so that being said, she's surely on my book list.


Book7: Sleepwalk by John Saul
>> I've just recently finished reading House of Reckoning by John Saul and the book was just pure madness! The plot is unpredictable, characters are engaging and John's storytelling is exceptional. I hope Sleepwalk will be a good read too. 


I think that these books will be on my reading list until next year. I hope to get more books in 2011! So for now, I have to keep an eye out for the books that I'm really interested in and try to save money to have them! 

Wish me luck!!! Cheerz!


6 comments:

Nina B. said...

Great books you got there! Nice... Makes me want to go out and do some book shopping again.

Brush Up On Your Reading

Ruperto Prieto Jr. said...

Hi Nina! Thanks! You should, there are loads of sale and bargained books out there! :-)

Rane Anderson said...

I love LaVyrle Spencer books! I've read the Fulfillment too, but it wasn't my favorite. The plot seemed a little too unbelievable. I prefer Spencer's The Gamble, Vows, and Hummingbird.

Ruperto Prieto Jr. said...

@Rane: Hi! Gosh, I so love The Gamble, Vows and Hummingbird. I've also read That Camden Summer and Then Came Heaven. If you haven't read them, please do. They're fantastic!!! Too bad she's already retired from writing...I've read almost all of her books.:-)

Rane Anderson said...

I forgot to mention: November of the Heart, which is my favorite! I haven't read Then Came Heaven.

What about Morning Glory--very good one too.

Yes, too bad she is retired. You might like Loretta Chase. She is a great writer, and her books are primarily set in Regency England. Some of my favorites are: Sandalwood Princess, Knaves Wager, Viscount Vagabond, Isabella...
very well written books!!

Ruperto Prieto Jr. said...

@Rane: Gosh, I think Morning Glory was the very first La Vyrle book I've read. I loved it so much! It was actually made into a movie starring Christopher Reeve.

November of the Heart is a masterpiece. I adore Lorna and Will and their love for one another... Forgiving is also a great book..

I'll try and look for Loretta Chase's book and will consider your recommendations!!! Thanks Rane!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!