Tuesday, December 14, 2010

In My Mailbox #22: A Wish Come True!

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by  The Story Siren.

Finally!!! I now have Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins! Although the cover is different from the hardcover edition, which I like more, that's not really important. I still get to read it! Got it from Fullybooked  for P360. I've first read about Hex Hall from my friend, Raila Soares. She reviewed the book and told us readers of her blog, what she felt about it. She made me want to read it myself. That's how good her book reviews are. You'll get a feeling that you have to read the books that she'd read. Hehehe. Now I can't possibly do that, coz she has loads of books!

I also got John Saul's House of Reckoning. Also from Fullybooked for P299. I've read loads of John's books and even if sometimes I don't like his other novels, I still feel like he's one of the best authors around, that's why I still read his books. Never give up on your favorite author!




I love Faye Kellerman, so when I saw this book, Blindman's Bluff, I didn't even read the story. I just bought it instantly. I've read so many books from her Peter Decker and Rina Lazarus Series, it started when I was in college, and up to now I still enjoy reading them. This book is not part of my Christmas Book Wish List, I bought this one as a gift to myself. Hehehe. It was on sale, only P150. Awesome deal, it was in hardcover! Yeah!

All of this wouldn't be possible without the generosity and kindness that my Tita Cynthia and Tito Bobby has given me. I hope the two of them are in good health! From the bottom of my heart, thank you so much! I really appreciate this gift. It means a lot to me!



Photos by: Ruperto Prieto Jr.

8 comments:

Nina B. said...

Congratulations on your new books, and wow great find!

Unfortunately, Twisted Sister is not as good as I thought it would be. But maybe it's just me.

Mithee (The Deranged Book Lovers) said...

Oh, wow! I've never met a guy who reads YA. Nice to meet you. :) I prefer the hardcover edition of Hex Hall, but the ppb is cute, too.

Raíla said...

Aw. Thank you so much, Ruperto! Sorry I haven't been doing much for you, nor writing so many great reviews in English. My brazilian public is now wider, and I don't know what to do, because there are a few other bloggers that still "care" about my blog and that are my friends, like you, who do not understand portuguese. I'll try my best to keep you all updated.

Also, I am so so so glad you got Hex Hall! It's a really enjoyful book, and I hope you like it even better than I did. :) Thanks for everything, again. Your "titos" are the best, huh!

Ruperto Prieto Jr. said...

@Nina B.: Thanks Nina! Yeah, you did express your disappointment on Twisted Sister thoroughly,Lol. Yay for Blindman's Bluff! It really is a great find!

Ruperto Prieto Jr. said...

@Mithee: Hi! When it comes to reading, there are no boundaries for me! As long as I enjoy reading a particular book, regardless if it's YA, I'll go for it!

Ruperto Prieto Jr. said...

@Raila: You've been a great influence in my reading preferences. Because of your reviews and suggestions, I'm trying the books one by one...And so far, all of them are just great. No need to say sorry..Feel free on what language you are most comfortable with...just remember that I will always, always be here...thanks again!!!

artseblis said...

What is Hex Hall about. It sounds interesting. Something like Charmed?

Ruperto Prieto Jr. said...

@artseblis: Nothing like Charmed. It's about Sophie, a witch, who was sent to Hex Hall to study the proper ways of using her powers. It's a quick and fun read!!! :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!