Friday, December 31, 2010

Cravings #7: The Revelation by Bentley Little

"Book Cravings are  books that I really want to have but can't buy them for now.  Reasons may vary on not having the money to purchase it and sometimes coz it's not available locally. I will post my book cravings every week and tell something about that particular book."
The first Bentley Little book that I've read was The Town. I remember that I enjoyed reading it. Little's writing style is really terrifying. His description on how a person, for example is mutilated, exceeds all other thriller writers that I've encountered. I haven't seen many of his books displayed on different bookstores, they're a bit hard to find. The Revelation won The Bram Stoker award in 1989 and based on the story, this book for me surely is a scary read. I hope to get a copy soon! 

The local minister vanishes, his church defiled by blasphemous obscenities scrawled in goats blood....A crazed old woman in her eighties becomes pregnant....Herds of animals are discovered butchered in a field....And one by one, the good folks in town are falling victim to the same unspeakable fate....

Now, an itinerant preacher has arrived spreading a gospel of cataclysmic fury. Darkness is falling on Randall, Arizona. The smell of fear lingers in the air. And stranger things are yet to come...



4 comments:

Nina B. said...

Happy New Year! Hope 2011 will be a better year for book blogging for us!

Brush Up On Your Reading

Ruperto Prieto Jr. said...

Happy New Year too, Nina!!!

The Happy Booker said...

I just had someone recommend Bentley Little to me a couple days ago. Some of his books look pretty scary! I also looked up a little more about the author himself and found an interview with him, he is really quite an entertaining interviewee! Very outspoken and opinionated. It made me want to read his books even more lol

Ruperto Prieto Jr. said...

@The Happy Booker: hi! that's really great! i hope you can grab any of his books. i sure for one would love to read your thoughts about it!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!