Sunday, December 12, 2010

Cravings #5: The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare

"Book Cravings are  books that I really want to have but can't buy them for now.  Reasons may vary on not having the money to purchase it and sometimes coz it's not available locally. I will post my book cravings every week and tell something about that particular book."

I've read loads of reviews on The Mortal Instruments but I chose to read those without spoilers in them. Maybe at the back of my mind, there's this voice that's nagging me that someday, I might read them eventually. 

I'm telling myself that I hope to get as much Young Adult books next year as I can. It's really fun to read them, since all the characters are basically kids, young adults or teenagers, authors can play with their stories and it's fun to read from a kids perspective.


When 15 year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder - much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing - not even a smear of blood - to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?

This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know.... 

 

6 comments:

Raíla said...

OH MY GOSH, RUPERTO! That's one of favorite favorite series ever-ever! I so hope you can read it as soon as possible! :D

Ruperto Prieto Jr. said...

Hi Raila! One of my friends is working to get this series as a Christmas present for me. I hope it'll materialize into reality! The covers alone are amazing! :-)

Raíla said...

It's about to be turned into a movie, you've heard? Hoping it'll be as totally amazing as the books themselves. Really, really, sincerely hope you get it for Christmas. You'll LOVE it! :)

Ruperto Prieto Jr. said...

@Raila: Yeah! I've heard about it, hope it really will be a movie! Also, the Vampire Academy books are also in the works to be in the big screen...

Raíla said...

Oh! Vampire Academy! Yes! I've just finished the fifth book in the series and am waiting for the sixth to arrive. One of the best ever, too. :) Super excited over here!!

Ruperto Prieto Jr. said...

Hi Raila! Yeah. let's keep our fingers crossed and hope that these books make it on the big screen! :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!