Thursday, December 2, 2010

♠Author of the Month: DECEMBER♠

Dean Ray Koontz (born July 9, 1945) is an American author best known for his novels which could be described broadly as suspense thrillers. He also frequently incorporates elements of horror, science fiction, mystery, and satire. A number of his books have appeared on the New York Times Bestseller List, with ten hardcovers and fourteen paperbacks reaching the number one slot. Early in his career, Koontz wrote under an array of pen names, such as David Axton, Leonard Chris, and Brian Coffey. Koontz was born on July 9, 1945, in Everett, Pennsylvania. He describes his youth as one of poverty under the abuse of a father who was more worried about his bacchanal acts rather than his own family. He graduated from Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania in 1967, and soon after went to work as an English teacher at Mechanicsburg High School in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania.

For this month, I chose Dean Koontz for two reasons. He will be releasing a new book called What the Night Knows on December 28th and I think he is one of the scariest writers of all time. I've read his book entitled Phantoms and it really was just creepy.

The book was also made into a movie starring Ben Affleck and I've been trying to find a copy of it for the longest time now. If you guys know where to get one I hope you could help me on that. Merry Christmas to all!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!