Friday, November 19, 2010

Review: 1022 Evergreen Place by Debbie Macomber

I have been very busy these past few days and could hardly open the computer and post something on my blog. It's almost a week now and the craziness is finally over. Lol. We just celebrated my grandmother's birthday, she's 93 years old and very much healthy. We had a simple but memorable moments on her birthday and some of our relatives joined us in celebration. We went to another birthday celebration the next day in Bulacan and there I had a very awful experience which I will not talk about. I just hope that person will change and be more receptive to constructive criticism.

Anyways, it's time for my review on 1022 Evergreen Place. I waited for this book to come out for almost a whole year. Having read the 9 previous books in the Cedar Cove Series, you can honestly say that I enjoy reading them. I really do. I can well remember the day I started reading the first book, it was awesome. I had an intense feeling of deep attachment to the story. Debbie can really make you feel all the emotions and struggles of her individual characters. And that's the point of reading, to be immersed and be involved with the world she have created. 

Sometimes, it's a bit difficult to read a book that's a part of a series. Since it's an on-going story, you tend to forget the last events and important parts of the previous books. But Debbie manages to give a very concise but direct summary and with that you can easily remember what had happened on the past novels.

1022 Evergreen Place has all the ingredients I was looking for in a book. I was a bit worried since it's the 10th book, I thought that the story would be a drag, like, she's been writing this series for so long now and what will Debbie give us to make us want to read this one? The answer. Great storytelling. Debbie never fails to surprise and astonish me with her powerful pen. I can't wait for the next book entitled 1105 Yakima Street! Cheerz!

My Rating: 5 Stars

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!