Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Cravings #3: Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen

"Book Cravings are  books that I really want to have but can't buy them for now.  Reasons may vary on not having the money to purchase it and sometimes coz it's not available locally. I will post my book cravings every week and tell something about that particular book."

One evening, I wasn't in the mood to read. Yeah, sometimes I really want to do something else besides reading. So, what I did was I searched thoroughly on my pile of movie dvds and found out that I haven't seen a particular film entitled Flipped. 

I decided to see it and if I don't like it, I'll just turn off the TV and listen to the radio. After a few minutes of the movie, I couldn't take my eyes off the screen, I was instantly glued to the movie and I find myself being transported completely into Bryce and Juli's story. The film is so absorbing and very interesting. I loved every minute of it. I wish that there'll be a sequel to Flipped! Now, after learning that Flipped is a book by Wendelin Van Draanen, I was so excited to read it. I just hope I can get a copy soon. Cheerz!


Juli Baker devoutly believes in three things: the sanctity of trees (especially her beloved sycamore), the wholesomeness of the eggs she collects from her backyard flock of chickens, and that someday she will kiss Bryce Loski. Ever since she saw Bryce's baby blues back in second grade, Juli has been smitten. Unfortunately, Bryce has never felt the same. Frankly, he thinks Juli Baker is a little weird--after all, what kind of freak raises chickens and sits in trees for fun? Then, in eighth grade, everything changes. Bryce begins to see that Juli's unusual interests and pride in her family are, well, kind of cool. And Juli starts to think that maybe Bryce's brilliant blue eyes are as empty as the rest of Bryce seems to be. After all, what kind of jerk doesn't care about other people's feelings about chickens and trees? 


 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!