Wednesday, October 13, 2010

In My Mailbox #14: Stephen is King

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by  The Story Siren.
I haven't read any Stephen King novel. Ever. But I'm familiar with his books that were adapted to films and TV series. Who haven't watched Pet Sematary? Carrie? The Shining? Dreamcatcher? These are but a few of his ingenious works that have captured legions of fans worldwide.

I came upon the book Under The Dome while I was doing my "book hunts". When I first saw the book, I told myself that there is no way I'm going to read a book that thick! It was like a dictionary. 1088 pages long! At the same time, I was curious...So I gave in and read the synopsis. It was a mistake. The minute I learned about the story, I didn't hesitate and purchased the book. I splurged a little bit. It wasn't on sale but I wanted the book so bad. So, there you go...Officially, this is my first Stephen King novel and I think that this is the longest book that I'm going to read this month...Lol. Cheerz!


6 comments:

yodz said...

I can't remember the title of the Stephen King book I've read during one of my lazy college Sem breaks. The Shining and Dreamcatcher movie is cool - how I wish I read it first.
I guess I'll include Mr. King on my next booksale hunt.

Ruperto Prieto Jr. said...

@YODZ: Hi! Thanks for dropping by and for your comment. Appreciate it.

You probably can't remember because there are so many of his books. The Shining is a masterpiece and the Dreamcatcher is a vivid film for me.

I don't know how long it will take for me to finish this book. It's so long!

I hope you can grab a copy of Under the Dome! Cheerz!

glentot said...

I have read a lot of Stephen King's works, my favorite would be his short story collections like "Night Shift" or "Everything's Eventual". There's also a little known novel called "The Eye of the Dragon" which was such a good read.

I used to write short stories too and Stephen King is one of my influences.

Ruperto Prieto Jr. said...

@GLENTOT: Hi Glen! Wow, you're full of surprises. I remember you told me before that you're a reader just like me. It's just that I haven't seen any posts on your blog in regards to books that's why I never thought of you as a reader.

You write short stories? Amazing! Keep doing that. Well, this is my first Stephen King novel so I guess it's a good read based on his previous books that you've read. I hope so. Thanks for dropping by! GOD bless!

darchwonders said...

Hullo Ruperto!

Sorry for being such a late-comer. I've read a bunch of Stephen King last year and my! He's a great story teller in his own right!

And yeah, congrats on getting book and hope you have a good time reading this one. As for me it might take a while before I can read this one since I'm on an arduous quest reading his works on a chronological order.

Dark nights and creepy wonders! ;)

Ruperto Prieto Jr. said...

@darchwonders: i've checked out your blog and my oh my! You're a SK fan right? You have loads of his novels! Thanks for dropping by and good luck on your reading!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!