Sunday, October 3, 2010

♠Blogger Interview: Raila Soares♠

Good day to all! Here it is! My very first blogger interview! I can't believe it! Lol. When I started blogging, I never thought that I would be able to interview another fellow blogger. I mean, I only wanted to post reviews and book purchases and stuff. But as time goes by, I've learned that you can spread your wings and do some new features on your blog. I chose Raila for my first interview because she is the first blogger that I'd made friends with. She is nothing but nice to me at all times. So this interview is very special to me. 

1. First of all, could you tell something about yourself and when and why did you begin blogging?
About myself? I am a Brazilian high-school student, who loves to read, blogging and going to the movies. Basically. (lol). Actually, the reason why I first thought about creating a blog was because of the book contests and giveaways out there. I had just started reading books in English so I thought entering contests/giveaways would be a good point for me to get new books in English, besides also buying them. Then, a second reason showed up: I definitely found myself enjoying that blogosphere and becoming a blogger, too.

2. How did you come up with the title Books out of the Bookshelves?
No idea at all. I had some other titles I do not even remember anymore that were not available. So, “Books Out of the Bookshelves” just came out. Really suddenly.

3. How much do you enjoy reading?
How much? I love reading, I do. But I am not that kind of person-in-love-with-books that lives with the head behind an open book. I read what and when I am in the mood, you know? I mean, I can stand living during a whole month without reading. (lol). I should say I am more of a “shop-bookaholic” than a real in-love-bookaholic. I tend to buy, buy and buy more and more books than read them all super fast.

4. Is there anything you find particularly challenging when it comes to blogging?
Being able to write (kind of guessing) what your readers are going to like. It gets me super down when I write something that I LIKED but get no comments. So, I mean, what would I think? I would probably think my readers did not like the post, right?

5. What is the first book you've read?
The first ever, ever? No idea. But one that I clearly remember: The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares. I was addicted to this series when I was about 10 years old.

6. If you will be given a chance to personally meet and interview a particular author of your choosing, who will it be and why?
Personally meet? I would meet so many. THAT is something challenging for me. I would LOVE to meet Tess Gerritsen, but I do not know if I would be enough conscious or would have enough intelligence to come up with as good questions as those I once interviewed her with on my blog. So, others I would LOVE to personally meet and interview would be: Phoebe Kitanidis, Richelle Mead, Jennifer Echols and Becca Fitzpatrick.

7. How do you write your book reviews?

I sit in front of the computer when I am feeling inspired to write about that book. I am not used to take notes or mark pages while I am reading, which am trying to get used to, though. But, well, I just sit and type. If the inspiration goes away, I stop and try when I feel it is back.

8. Some authors started out as book bloggers, did you consider becoming an author? Why?

Never. I can’t write a single story. I am such a loser. (lol). Really, I am not even a creative person, so I probably would copy every book/author I love and this would NOT be any good.

9. How much do you enjoy blogging and how does it affect your everyday life?
Like I said, I love and enjoy something only when I am REALLY in the mood. I suck when I am not, and I won’t blog or read or do anything. I consider myself as a not so much easygoing person, do you? But I try to blog as much and better as I can, as I feel it will be great for me and for my readers.

10. Do you have any advice for other book bloggers out there?
Write, get in touch with your readers, ask them what they like, show that you really love what you do. And read other blogs, show other bloggers that you liked this or that post and comment on their posts. Be friendly, not selfish and ambitious. Just blog if you do love. Do not blog just for blogging, with no reason.
Thanks again to my friend Raila for this wonderful interview. It means a lot to me! Be sure to visit her blog "Books out of the Bookshelves". You'll see why she is one of the best book bloggers around! Cheerz!

4 comments:

glentot said...

Aba may blogger interviews na rin!!! Way to go!!!

Ruperto Prieto Jr. said...

@Glentot: Hi Glenn. Yap, will be posting interviews now and then. Be sure to get ready. I might interview you next!

Yodz de Veas Insigne said...

Wow, this is inspiring.

Abby =Þ said...

nice interview!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!