Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Review: Chill Factor by Sandra Brown


 SYNOPSIS:
Cleary, North Carolina, is a sleepy mountain town -- the kind of place where criminal activity is usually limited to parking violations. Not so, lately. Four women have disappeared from Cleary over the past two years. And there's always a blue ribbon left near the spot where each of the women was last seen. There are no bodies, no other clues, and no suspicion as to who their abductor might be. And now, another woman has disappeared without a trace.

MY REVIEW:

Good day to all! It's now time for my review on Sandra Brown's Chill Factor. I'm expecting a lot from this author coz this is my very first book from her that I've read. It's also a risk if I'll get disappointed in the end if it turned out that the book is a total bore. What attracted me first with this book is the plot.  It's an unusual story, that's why I was eager to read it. 
 
Imagine yourself being trapped with a total stranger inside a cabin that is located up in the mountains, just the two of you, and you are isolated from the rest of the world. And that stranger turned out to be a suspected murderer on the loose. Creepy huh? Well, that's what happened to Lilly Martin, she and her husband Dutch was closing a deal on the sale of their cabin when a snowstorm descended upon them. Now that's really unfortunate. ( Don't want this to happen to me...)  After a brief quarrel between the two of them regarding their love problems, Dutch went down the mountain first and Lilly stayed behind to finish tidying up the cabin. 

And this is where the story begins...As Lilly was driving down the mountain road, her car skids on the slippery ground and delivered a blow to a man who manifested in the middle of nowhere. It turned out the man wasn't badly injured. Together they find refuge inside the cabin and decided to wait for the storm to recede. Inside, they examined for food and water, anything to eat and keep them nourished. Eventually, due to startling discoveries by Lilly, she somehow learned that the stranger was a possible suspect for the murders that had transpired in Cleary, North Carolina. Imagine her fear of knowing this...Loads of twist and turns happened inside the cabin and the author manages to confused me of the true identity of the killer. 

A great deal of characters are added up to make the story more stimulating. Throughout the book, I wasn't able to wait patiently, I wanted to know who the real killer was! I was in a state of agitation and was tempted to read the last page, but I didn't do it. Sandra Brown skillfully balances the plot and the readers will be happy and satisfied with the ending.

To wrap it all up, it was a mind-blowing and sensational read for me. All the components of what an unputdownable thriller should have is in Chill Factor. Cheerz!  

My Rating: 4 ½ Stars

4 comments:

macz said...

pabasa nman..lol..joke.. :) kaka'excite.. :) i love this site much.. :)

Ruperto Prieto Jr. said...

@Macz: This book is really good. Try it!

Lazy Girl said...

Hey! I actually commented on another one of your reviews signed in with a different profile!! I have a personal blog and my book blog. Anyway, very cool review will probably check this out! I will also follow your blog under this profile! Check out my page if you get a chance!

LazyGirl Reads

Ruperto Prieto Jr. said...

@Lazy Girl: Hi! I already followed your blog. Thanks so much for following mine! Also I appreciate you for dropping by!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!