Sunday, September 26, 2010

♠ Love is LaVyrle ♠

LaVyrle Spencer (b. July 17, 1943 in Browerville, Minnesota) is an American best-selling author of contemporary and historical romance novels. She has successfully published a number of books, with several of them made into movies. Twelve of her books have been New York Times bestsellers, and Spencer was inducted into the Romance Writers of America Hall of Fame in 1988. She retired from writing in 1997.  LaVyrle Spencer was born on July 17, 1943 in Browerville, Minnesota, where she was raised. Shortly after her high school graduation Spencer married her high school sweetheart Dan Spencer. The two had two daughters, Amy and Beth (who died in 1990), and are grandparents. They live in a Victorian house in Stillwater, Minnesota, where Spencer enjoys gardening, cooking, playing bass guitar and electric piano, and photography.

Books by LaVyrle Spencer that I've read:
  1. Hummingbird 
  2. The Hellion 
  3. Twice Loved 
  4. Spring Fancy 
  5. The Gamble 
  6. Morning Glory                 **Highly recommended by me!**
  7. Bitter Sweet 
  8. Forgiving 
  9. Bygones 
  10. November of the Heart   **Highly recommended by me!**
  11. Family Blessings 
  12. Home Song
  13. That Camden Summer     **Highly recommended by me!**
  14. Then Came Heaven 
  15. Small Town Girl
can't remember the year that I've read the other books, but one thing is for sure, they are all unique and great reads. I rarely read love stories but LaVyrle's wonderful writing is a testimony that she can change the minds of readers everywhere once they've opened a book that she wrote. Well, that's what had happened to me. It's sad she retired from writing many years ago...I hope she'll make a comeback!  


      No comments:

      Related Posts with Thumbnails

      Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!