Thursday, September 23, 2010

In My Mailbox #13: Anita, Anita and Return to Fantasy

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by  The Story Siren.
Here are my newest book purchases! Every time that I have a chance to go out, I always, always visit the bookstore. I just have to be inside it! It's a mixed emotions for me, you know, seeing all those "new book releases" displayed on the shelves, knowing I can't possibly afford them, it makes me want to wish I was like a rich guy and just buy all those books and be the happiest man on Earth. I'm such a geek. Hehe.



I purchased Resistance by Anita Shreve when I was at National Bookstore Cubao, where I usually do my "bookhunts" as I call it. The story reminds me of the movie entitled IN LOVE AND WAR starring Sandra Bullock and Chris O' Donnell, I love this film. Resistance is a story about a married woman who fell in love with a soldier amidst the war that threatens to destroy them all.




I also purchased Shadowmarch at National Bookstore Cubao, I've been seeing Shadowmarch by Tad Williams for quite sometime now and my love for fantasy prompted me to give this book a try. This is volume one of the series of books that will be published by Tad. Another series! Agh! Hehehe. Don't get me wrong, I love on-going series. I hope these two books will be good reads!  By the way, these books are just P50 each! What a great bargain, right? Cheerz! 



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!