Sunday, August 8, 2010

♠ Reading Book #173: Eldest by Christopher Paolini

Reading Book #173


Title: Eldest
Author: Chistopher Paolini
Release Date: August 23rd 2007 by Knopf Books for Young Readers
Pages: Mass Market Paperback, 1000 pages
Characters: Eragon, Roran, Horst

The land of Alagaesia is suffering under the Empire of the wicked Galbatorix, and Eragon and his dragon Saphira, last of the Riders, are the only hope. But Eragon is young and has much to learn, and so he is sent off to the elven forest city of Ellesmera, where he and Saphira are tutored in magic, battle skills, and the ancient language by the wise former Rider Oromis and his elderly dragon Glaedr. Meanwhile, back at Carvahall, Eragon's home, his cousin Roran is the target of a siege by the hideous Ra'zac, and he must lead the villagers on a desperate escape over the mountains. The two narratives move toward a massive battle with the forces of Galbatorix, where Eragon learns a shocking secret about his parentage and commits himself to saving his people.


I've read the first book in the Inheritance Cycle entitled Eragon almost three years ago. After reading Eragon, I can still remember that I was so excited for the next book to come out. But when it did came out, I was already reading far too many books. Eldest, the second book was shoved off behind the books that I was reading at that time. And then, as I was watching television, Eragon, the movie adaptation of the book was on. I tuned in and after the movie was over, I decided that it's time to read the second book. It's going to be a while before I finish Eldest, it's a bit long...1000 pages...Ugh..Well, if the story is really good, I wouldn't mind...Cheerz!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!