Monday, August 30, 2010

♠Book of the Week: Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman♠

Book of the Week: August/September
Aug30-Sept5
 
 
Title: Neverwhere
Author: Neil Gaiman
Release Date: September 1st 2003 (first published 1996)
Pages: Mass Market Paperback, 370 pages 
When Richard Mayhew stops one day to help a girl he finds bleeding on a London sidewalk, his life is forever altered, for he finds himself propelled into an alternate reality that exists in a subterranean labyrinth of sewer canals and abandoned subway stations. He has fallen through the cracks of reality and has landed somewhere different, somewhere that is Neverwhere. 
 
My very first Neil Gaiman book and all I can say is wow. This book was everything a reader could ask for. Action, adventure, mystery, fantasy  and some detective work.

If  I can describe Neil's writing style, I think  he blends fiction with fantasy and humor to his characters that resulted to pure goodness to his novels. His books are hard to go by, that's why I haven't read any of his other titles yet. This book was just lent to me by a relative. Hehehe. Go ahead and check this book out! Cheerz!


 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!