Friday, June 25, 2010

A Gift From Afar

I started this blog last March of this year. I decided to create my own blog to further express my love of reading. Throughout the years, when I first started reading (I guess the year was 1995 to 2010) I rarely received gifts, especially books. I also joined the facebook community not so long ago, I was still using my friendster account then, but my cousin told me that facebook is a better way to connect with my friends and relatives. And now I am one of those people who blames the facebook community on why they haven't been logging in on their friendster accounts. Hehehe.



One day, while I was checking my facebook activities, a person I do not know, was requesting to be my friend. Since I don't have any friend from that country, I accepted her request and we became friends. I also found out that she was visiting my blog from time to time since the Live Feed on my blog reveals the location of a certain visitor from a different country. I was happy that she was reading my articles and book reviews. And then she asked me if I was interested on getting her books, she was giving them away as a gift to me! At first I don't want to believe her (I mean, this person, whom I know nothing about except her facebook profile and the fact that she told me that she also loves to read, is offering me her books for free!) but then she told me that she gave books to her friends now and then.


I told myself that maybe she is for real, so I gave her my mailing address and hope for the best. The following day, she again sent me a message, she told me that she already shipped out the books and I should expect them to arrive within 2 to 3 weeks! I was taken aback (gasp!) hehehe. But still, I was uncertain of this whole event. On June 23, I received a claim receipt from the postal office, informing me that I have a parcel from Japan. I couldn't believe it! I immediately got dressed and went to the post office. And there it was, a yellow package with my books inside. It was true!!! I was so happy! The books were in very good condition.



Here are the books:
1. The Given Day by Dennis Lehane
2. The Lost Boy by Dave Pelzer
3. The Devil's Feather by Minette Walters
4. A Wicked Snow by Gregg Olsen
5. A Prisoner of Birth by Jeffrey Archer
6. The 8th Confession by James Patterson







I want to thank my friend who gave me the books. I cannot express my gratitude for her act of generosity and kindness... She mailed these books with her own money and she went out of her way to give them to me... a total stranger... There are still good people out there! Akala ko wala na. God bless her and her family!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!