Monday, May 17, 2010

♠ The Ultimate Writer ♠

Author No.1
John Ronald Reuel Tolkien,(3 January 1892 – 2 September 1973),was an English writer, poet, philologist, and university professor, best known as the author of the classic high fantasy works The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, and The Silmarillion.  Tolkien was Rawlinson and Bosworth Professor of Anglo-Saxon at Oxford University from 1925 to 1945 and Merton Professor of English Language and Literature there from 1945 to 1959. He was a close friend of C. S. Lewis—they were both members of the informal literary discussion group known as the Inklings. Tolkien was appointed a Commander of the Order of the British Empire by Queen Elizabeth II on 28 March 1972.--courtesy of wikipedia


Books by J.R.R. Tolkien that I've read:

 1. The Hobbit
 2. The Fellowship of the Ring
 3. The Two Towers
 4. The Return of the King

J.R.R. Tolkien for me is the ultimate writer. The best there is. What more can you expect from this guy? He created Middle-Earth! Concocted maps, names, places, creatures, and the list will go on, and on and on....He even created a new artificial language for his characters! Quenya and Sindarin. I mean, who else can surpass this accomplishments? Others do try and copy his style, but the original is still the best! Up to now, I still visit Middle-Earth from time to time.. It's timeless appeal to me will never fade away.. I haven't read the Silmarillion, but I'm planning to.  

As far as i can remember, I read the entire series during my 1st year in college. 

Cheerz!




1 comment:

bookysh said...

This I plan on rereading too. I just need to find a good copy of the whole set. Maybe not within the year or anything, but definitely rereading this.

By the way, I like how concentrated you blog is. I'm not so big on SFF but I have a few favorites. When done right, they're really pretty amazing. And out of this world ;D

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!