Sunday, April 11, 2010

In My Mailbox #2: Second From Berry


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by  The Story Siren.
Good day to all! Here I am again, posting a new book purchase. This time I'm not going to reveal how much this book is. Hehehe. But it didn't cost me an arm and a leg. Minsan, parang may book rage ako. Just want to go out and go on a book hunting expedition the whole day! When I was in college, I still remember, I was looking for Jonathan Kellerman books, specifically, the Alex Delaware Series. I went to National Bookstore in SM North Edsa, Katipunan, Congressional Avenue-Q.C., Sta. Lucia East, Robinsons Metro East, Cubao Alimall, and Cubao-Superbrach and of course my favorite bookstore, Booksale! Madami din yang branches and pinuntahan ko din siya! Wala pa kasi kaming telephone before at wala pa ang mga internet buying. Kaya I personally visit the bookshops. Ahehe. In one day yan ha! If I really wanted a book I really go for it. I get this feeling of exhiliration whenever I find a book na hinahanap ko. Forgive my ramblings. Kasi puro books talaga ang topic ko mostly sa blog na ito. Hehehe.

This is my second Steve Berry novel. The first one was The Amber Room. After reading Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code, syempre so many authors wanted to have a hit novel like Dan's. The Da Vinci Code for me was really a great book. It was every inch a page-turner. Next time na lang yung mga books ni Dan Brown since I read all his works. Hehehe. Ibang topic na lang yun. When I was out and about, I went to a bookshop and found the Amber Room, mga 2 years ago, the synopsis of the story was the main reason I acquired the book. May parang Dan Brown factor kasi siya. Syempre, after reading The Da Vinci Code I was really looking for other novels like it. The Amber Room was an OK book for me.  Marami pang titles si Steve Berry pero I did not pursue his other novels. Hindi siya kasing ganda ng The Da Vinci Code. So after 2 years, I found another novel by Steve Berry. I wanted to try another book from him and I hope this particular title will be a good read! And friends pala sila ni James Rollins, another favorite author of mine. Next time na lang din si James Rollins. Madami din ako topic sa kanya. Hehehe. A blessed Sunday to all of us! Cheerz! 

1 comment:

Michael Jay Mesa said...

i like the books of dan br0wn. I'm looking for a sale on this book. John Grisham's my favorite. I bought two books of this author for P50 each! I don't buy if it's not a sale kaya more on ebooks muna me. Hehe..i like your collection. Read and watched the movie already of dan brown's. Thanks for your info, at least di na me maghahanap on what books to read kasi you can suggest already. Great help! By the way, i'm reading the prince by machiavelli now! Nakaka-nosebleed!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!