Sunday, March 28, 2010

♠ Reluctant Over Gaga ♠

♫♪ Happy Gaga Birthday! ♫♪
Lady Gaga (born Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta; March 28, 1986) is an American recording artist. She began performing in the rock music scene of New York City's Lower East Side. Her debut album, The Fame, was released on August 19, 2008. In addition to receiving generally positive reviews, it reached number-one in Canada, Austria, Germany, and Ireland and topped the Billboard Top Electronic Albums chart. Its first two singles, "Just Dance" and "Poker Face", co-written and co-produced with RedOne, became international number-one hits, topping the Hot 100 in the United States as well as other countries. The album later earned a total of six Grammy Award nominations and won awards for Best Electronic/Dance Album and Best Dance Recording. --courtesy of wikipedia

 

When I first heard of Lady Gaga, I was pretty sure she's just one of those artists who dresses up with eccentric, unconventional and slightly strange outfits, she did this to be accepted by the music industry. And given those impressions on me, I deliberately refused to listen to her,  even though the whole world knows her and her music.  A friend of mine told me that her record was really excellent.  I finally gave in and checked the record out myself.  A feeling of mild astonishment of the unexpected happened to me. In reality her record was indeed of a very high quality.  Her songs are fresh, appealing, and enjoyable. Nothing I've ever heard of before, and that's what I like on a particular artist, originality. She may dress somewhat excessive and unreasonable, but it doesn't get in the way of her superb talent! Cheerz!

 


1 comment:

melissa verde said...

i love lady gaga songs! she's truly a performer.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!