Saturday, March 13, 2010

♠ A Generous Karen ♠

NANCY DREW and HARDY BOYS SUPER MYSTERIES by CAROLYN KEENE

When I was in high school, Karen, a favorite cousin of mine introduced me to Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys. Back then I don’t have the means to buy certain books. My mother and father can’t seem to comprehend that books can be a form of recreation. They surmised that books are a way to misspend your money that’s why they refrain from giving me money to buy them. They can’t seem to grasp that books have substance, and that we can acquire a skill in reading, writing and self-confidence pursuant to reading them as often as we can. I always look forward to my cousin’s visitations during her free time. I was living in Bulacan before, and she’s from Manila. She usually had a bunch of books with her during her vacations with us, and she lends them to me. When I read Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys, I was nonplussed to find out that teenagers goes to school during the day and after classes prowled the streets to do some sleuthing. That’s not a typical teenage behavior. As it turned out these adventures makes unparalleled mystery-solving cases for Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys, they thirsts for these kinds of adventures. I find their peculiar detective escapades engaging and entertaining. It’s perfect for kids and young adults! Cheerz! 


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good thing even in small way I contributed in your source of recreation and enjoyment :-)

Anonymous said...

love your blog, i think it recently became a motion picture which star Emma Roberts am I right?

melissa verde said...

i think your right both kids and adults will enjoy nancy drew books because of the mysteries and the stories which quite good...

pertz elessar said...

yap emma roberts played the character of nancy drew and she did a fabulous job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Visit my photo gallery to see my books! Click the picture!